From 30.000 feet
NETEDIT is a graphical network editor. Please note that NETEDIT is currently not open, but made available for project partners only.
- Purpose: create and modify SUMO networks
- System: portable (Linux/Windows is tested); opens a window
- Input (optional): road network definitions to import
- Output: A generated SUMO-road network; optionally also other outputs
- Programming Language: c++
NETEDIT is a visual network editor. It can be used to create networks from scratch and to modify all aspects of existing networks. With a powerfull selection and highlighting interface it can also be used to debug network attributes. NETEDIT is built on top of NETCONVERT. As a general rule of thumb, anything NETCONVERT can do, NETEDIT can do as well. NETEDIT has unlimited undo/redo capabilities and thus allows editing mistakes to be quickly corrected. Editing commands are generally issued with a left-click (according to the current edit mode. Right-clicks are used for zooming and panning as well as for context-menus.
NETEDIT is a GUI-Application and inputs are chosen via menus. The following input formats are supported:
- SUMO-net files
- NETCONVERT-configuration files
- SUMO-net files
- plain-xml files
NETEDIT is controlled via various editing modes. This serves to reduce the number of clicks. For example, in delete mode a click on any object deletes it.
Inspect and modify attributes of edges, lanes and nodes. Modifications have to be confirmed by hitting <Enter>.
Create edges (and implicitly nodes)
Delete nodes (and all adjoining edges), single edges or geometry points.
Move nodes by dragging with the left mouse button. Dragging edges creates or moves geometry points. Dragging a node on top of another node joins them into a single node.
Modify lane-to-lane connections. The first click selects the source lane and following clicks toggle the status of target lanes.
Select network objects according to various criteria. Selected objects can be moved or deleted together. It is also possible to set attributes for all selected nodes (or all edges) at the same time using inspect mode.
Set nodes to be controlled or uncontrolled by a traffic light. Edit all aspects of static signal plans. Visualizes a signal phase by coloring the controlled lane-to-lane connections according to the signal state. You can edit the signal state for the current phase by right-clicking one any controlled lane and picking a new color.
Processing Menu Options
- Compute Junctions: recomputes the geometry and logic of all junctions. This is triggered automatically when entering nodes which require this information (Connect, Traffic Lights).
- Join Selected Junctions: joins the selected junctions into a single junction (See joining Nodes).
- Options: inspect and set all options. These are the same options that NETCONVERT accepts on the commandline or in a configuration.