- Vehicles with departspeed="max" now propperly adapt their speed to vehicles ahead at insertion. This results in higher flows.
- Teleporting vehicles will only be inserted if they fit fully onto the destination lane.
- Fixed some inconsistencies in E3-Detector output (see E3 Further_Notes).
- Flows using attribute probability now correctly terminate when attribute end is given.
- Fixed several bugs for traffic lights of type actuated.
- Pedestrians using the model striping now always respect attribute arrivalPos
- Fixed crash when computing pedestrians positions on short walkingAreas.
- Single-stepping the simulation with hotkey (Ctrl-D) is now working as smoothly as intended.
- Changing simulation delay via mousewheel not works when the pointer is on top of the dial.
- Vehicle coloring by acceleratio, by time gap and by offset from best lane now correctly visualize negative values
- Persons which are waiting or riding in a a vehicle now face the correct direction.
- Whenever rerouting vehicles, a new route is only recordered when it differs from the previous route.
- Now appending .xml suffix when saving viewport, view settings or decals
- Added lane coloring by loaded weights. This colors by whatever attribute was set with option --weight-attribute <STRING>.
- Routes which loop back on themselves are no longer genereated by default (can be enabled using option --allow-loops).
- Added randomTrips.py option --weights-output-prefix <STRING> to generate weight files which can be used to visualize the edge probabilities for being source/destination/via in SUMO-GUI.
- Added randomTrips.py option --weights-prefix <STRING> which allows loading edge probailities for being source/destination/via. The file format is the same as for option --weights-output-prefix <STRING> with missing edges defaulting to probabilitiy 0 and missing files defaulting to normal randomization.
Version 0.21.0 (11.06.2014)
- Fixed infinite loop when tls-phases were shorter than the step-size
- Fixed bug where vehicles would block the intersection when stopping at the very end of a lane due to a red light
- Fixed lane-changing bug which could cause differing results between different compilers due to uninitialized memory.
- The vehicle class ignoring now properly ignores edge permissions and is allowed to drive anywhere.
- Time values are now checked on input whether they are in the correct range (less than 2147483 seconds)
- Teleport over an edge which has a stop now removes the stop from the list of pending stops
- the IDM and the IDMM car following model now stop closer to the halting line (in front of intersections), furthermore the moving average in the IDMM was repaired
- Bluetooth device handles subsecond simulation correctly
- Fixed check for slow lanes ahead of the depart position to allow for higher insertion speeds
- Repaired rerouting of vehicles which are on an internal lane
- Several fixes with teleporting over, on and onto induction loops and range detectors.
- Fix to the computation of the expected time at which vehicles leave an intersection. This results in a minor increase in junction throughput.
- The time shown in the gui now matches the time found in simulation outputs for the shown vehicle positions. Previously, the gui showed the time + 1 step.
- Fixed crash when drawing persons
- Patched building under MacOS, thanks to Alex Voronov
- lane coloring by netto occupancy no longer shows brutto occupancy (see lane coloring).
- drawing of simple vehicle shapes now always uses a distinct color for drawing details.
- Fixed crash when closing the breakpoint editor
- when loading traffic light programs from tllogic-files, the node attribute controlledInner is now propperly preserved
- guessed traffic light programs no longer contain duplicate consecutive phases
- Fixed bug where option ramps.guess would sometimes fail to add necessary lanes.
- Extremely short internal lanes are no longer split. Instead a warning is issued since these cases usually indicate an invalid junction geometry.
- removed option --all-end-follower as it's not longer needed and buggy
- when using tazs (districts) they are now correctly attached to the network with an edge with travel time 0 (before it was 1)
- subscriptions for VAR_LOADED_VEHICLES_IDS now work
- when setting lane change mode to prevent all changes due to a certain change-motivation, motivations with lower priority are now correctly considered.
- adding a vehicle with a negative depart position gives an error message (applies only to ADD not to ADD_FULL)
- adding a vehicle with a depart time in the past gives an error instead of silently dropping the vehicle
- vaporizing parked vehicles is now possible http://sumo-sim.org/trac.wsgi/ticket/1166
- forcing a lane change for a stopped vehicle now correctly removes the current stop from the list of pending stops
- Fixed bug where sortRoutes.py would produce invalid XML (thanks to Pieter Loof for the patch)
- Fixed bug in traceExporter.py when generating files for NS2 which caused non-sequential IDs to be written.
- Fixed several divisions by zero and integer over- and underflows reported by the clang sanitizer
- Trying to open existing files which do not have reading permissions now gives a correct error message
- All tools now give error messages when an output socket is not any longer available on closing
- Added improved capabilities for pedestrian simulation
- Added option --pedestrian.model <STRING> with available values nonInteracting and striping. The most important features of the striping model (which is the new default are:
- Pedestrian cross streets and interact with traffic (blocking vehicles, blocked by vehicles, reacting to traffic lights)
- Pedestrians interact with each other (jam)
- Pedestrians select their route dynamically to avoid red lights when multiple paths across an intersection are available.
- Added options --pedestrian.striping.stripe-width <FLOAT> and --pedestrian.striping.dawdling <FLOAT> to configure the 'striping'-model
- Added option --lanechange.overtake-right <BOOL> to switch between german overtaking laws (default) where overtaking on the right on highways is prohibited and american overtaking laws
- Vehicles which are already on a junction but have to wait for another vehicles (also on the junction) now always drive up to point where their path crosses with the blocking vehicle.
- Added option --random-depart-offset <TIME> to randomize departure times for all vehicles by applying a positive (uniform) random offset.
- <flow> elements now support attribute probability for specifying flows with randomly distributed departures (following a binomial distribution). Each second a vehicle is inserted with the given probability (which is scaled according to the given --step-length).
- Vehicles with a vType which has a specified vClass will now get appropriate default values for some of their parameters (i.e. busses will be longer than 5m by default). Refer to Vehicle_Type_Parameter_Defaults for details.
- the option --scale <FLOAT> can now also handle values > 1 and inserts more vehicles in this case
- added HBEFA3 emission model
- added outputs conforming to the Amitran standards
- Added improved capabilities for pedestrian simulation
- the option --no-warnings <BOOL> now also applies to the GUI message window
- Added person coloring scheme by selection and by angle
- All person modes now give a waitingTime
- Person parameter dialog now inclues attributes 'edge', 'position', 'angle' and 'waitingTime'
- Pedestrian crossings are now indicated by the typical zebra-pattern (light color indicates that pedestrians have priority, dark color means that vehicles have priority)
- Showing permission code in lane parameter dialog, updated style color by permissions
- Uncontrolled links (not part of a junction logic) are now shown with index -1
- Now showing edge type in lane parameter dialog
- Customizable drawing of ids for edges of type crossings and walkingarea
- Added lane coloring scheme by angle
- Lanes are now drawn with smooth shapes regardless of geometry (fixed white gaps at corners)
- Added element <crossing> for '.con.xml' files. This can be used to specify pedestrian crossings
- Added attribute sidewalkWidth to <type> elements in .typ.xml files. If this is given, edges of this type will get an extra lane with allow="pedestrian" and the specified width.
- Added options --sidewalks.guess <BOOL>, --sidewalks.guess.min-speed <FLOAT> and --sidewalks.guess.max-speed <FLOAT> to trigger guessing of sidewalks
- Added option --crossings.guess <BOOL> to trigger guessing of pedestrian crossings
- Added options --tls.guess-signals <BOOL> and --tls.guess-signals.dist <FLOAT> to interpret special traffic light nodes which surround an intersection as the signal positions for that intersection. This heuristic is useful for correctly importing a typical representation of traffic lights in OSM data.
- Added attribute shape to <node> elements in .nod.xml files. This allows to specify a custom shape for that node.
- can write networks in the Amitran format
- <trip> and <flow elements now support attribute via for specifying intermediate edges to use during routing.
- vType and route definitions can now be given in additional-files just like for SUMO
- Pedestrian walks with attributes from and to are now routed and written with attribute edges.
- the maximum (the average) speed factor are taken into account when calculating the minimum (the default) travel times
- OSM road shapes and traffic light positions can now be exported by setting the appropriate entries in the typemap file.
- reads now OD matrices in Amitran format
- Added randomTrips.py option --pedestrians <BOOL> to generate pedestrian walks
- Added randomTrips.py option --max-distance <FLOAT> to limit the straight-line distance of generated trips
- Added randomTrips.py option -a, --additional-files <FILE>[,<FILE>]* which is passed to DUAROUTER
- Added randomTrips.py option -i, --intermediate <INT> for generating trips with intermediate waypoints
- Added randomTrips.py option --maxtries <INT> to control the number of attemps for finding a trip which meet the given distance constraints
- convert almost arbitrary XML outputs (with a given schema) to CSV and protobuf, see Tools/Xml
- Removed obsoleted --incremental-dua-step and --incremental-dua-base option (use --scale instead)
- An explanation for vehicle insertion can be found here.
- Default parameters for different vehicle classes.
- Documentation for Calibrators. These simulation objects allow for dynamic adaption to traffic flow and speed at selected edges.
- The obsolete Media Wiki, Trac and Wordpress instances at the SourceForge Hosted apps facility have been removed altogether
- Some vClass definitions where added and others renamed. Old definitions will continue to work but some will cause deprecation warnings.
- Referenze typemap files for importing edges and polygon data from OSM networks as well as from other formats can now be found at <SUMO_HOME>/data
- SUMO builds now with clang as well
- The shortcut -p for the option --print-options was removed because of possible name clashes
Version 0.20.0 (11.03.2014)
- Fixed bug in the computation of safe velocities. Sometimes the velocity was too high (causing collisions) but most times it was too low (degrading traffic flow).
- Vehicles now move to the right lane after passing instead of staying on the passing lane. (see #1139)
- Fixed simulation crash related to lane-changing.
- Fixed bug where vehicles would no longer stop on the correct lane if they already stopped on the wrong lane.
- Fixed bug which would cause collisions due to unsafe lane changes
- Fixed crash when terminating the simulation while vehicles were performing continuous lane changing maneuvers (using option --lanechange.duration)
- Fast vehicles can now be correctly inserted closely in front of slow vehicles (#1176).
- Rerouting fixed for vehicles which are on internal lanes when the rerouting is requested (#1128).
- Fixed crash when using the object locator on some versions of Ubuntu.
- Fixed bug where brake lights were shown even though the vehicle was not braking
- Fixed bug where train carriages where sometimes drawn onto the wrong lane
- The vehicle option 'select foes' now works correctly for foe vehicles on internal lanes
- Fixed rare graphical glitch when drawing concave junction shapes
- Fixed drawing of segmented vehicles (trains) which are longer than their departPos
- Fixed bug which gave some links the wrong priority thus causing collisions (see ticket #1096)
- Fixed crash when specifying connections from/to edges which are removed during network building
- OSM import no longer fails when encountering empty strings in places where numerical values are expected.
- Fixed bug where permissions involving the vClasses custom1 and custom2 were not written correctly.
- Fixed bug where connections from a lane were sometimes indexed in the wrong order.
- Disconnected nodes can no longer be joined into a cluster when using the option --junctions.join.
- Fixed crash when using option --ramps.guess
- option --ramps.guess no longer creates ramps if one of the involved connections is a turnaround
- traffic lights which get new programs are no longer renamed (see ticket 1157)
- Fixed crash/infinite loop when using option --guess-empty-flows. Use of this option is not (yet) recommended (see ticket 1198)
- Fixed handling of empty flows (no vehicles) together with a specified start time (see ticket 1109)
- instantInductionLoops are no longer included when calling calling traci.inductionloop.getIDList()
- Fixed bug which prevented traceExporter.py from running
- Fixed bug which caused all speed values in NS2 output to be 0
- Fixed bug which prevented traceExporter.py option --penetration <FLOAT> from taking effect
- The summary of teleporting vehicles now lists all teleports according to their reason
- Vehicles now perform an emergency braking maneuver to prevent driving across a red light. If this happens in a simulation it usually indicates that the length of the yellow-phase is to short in relation to the road speed and the braking capabilities. To enable driving across red lights, additional TraCI flags were added (see below).
- Improved intersection model which results in less conflicts between vehicles with intersecting trajectories while on internal lanes.
- Added a first version of the PHEMlight emission model (contribution of TU Graz)
- Rerouting now keeps existing stops and adds new stops which are part of the new route even in cyclic routes
- Reworked drawing of trains to have more realistic carriage lengths. Also some busses are drawn with flexible segments now.
- The vehicle parameter dialog now lists the maximum speed of the vehicle's type and the the time headway to the vehicle's current leader
- added vehicle coloring mode by time headway
- Traffic light colors now distinguish between green major (code G) and green minor (code g) by coloring the minor state with a darker color.
- The lane color scheme by vClass now gives fine-grained control over coloring by using the permission bitmask to select the color.
- Added menu option Edit->Select lanes which allow...->vClass. Together with the street-coloring option by selection this allows an easy overview of the road network permitted for a given vClass.
- Added junction visualization option to disable drawing of junction shapes.
- The vehicle coloring mode by max speed now factors in the speed limit on the current lane and the speedFactor of the vehicle. The same color thresholds as in coloring by speed are now used.
- added option --osm.elevation <BOOL> which imports elevation data from OSM input (default false).
- Conflicts between connections originating from the same edge are now recognized. This can be used to model interaction between right turning vehicles and straight moving non-vehicular traffic on a lane further right.
- improved the heuristic for determining junction clusters to be joined when using option --junctions.join. This results in fewer invalid joins. Candidate clusters for manual intervention are indicated.
- added method traci.simulation.convert3D() which converts a road position to either x,y,z or lon,lat,alt
- added additonal bits to the traci command Change Vehicle State/speed mode to configure the behavior at intersections. This can be used to make vehicles ignore right-of-way rules and also to force them to drive across a red light.
- added optional argument 'flags' to traci.vehicle.setStop() in accordance with the Vehicle modification API specification
- the API to Areal Lane Detectors was added; thanks to Mario Krumnow and Robbin Blokpoel
- it is now possible to retrieve the leading vehicle within a specified range Vehicle API specification
- a vehicle may be added using a full specification (which is available via XML input)
- added tool xml2csv.py which converts all of the XML-output files written by SUMO to a flat-file (CSV) format which can by opened with most spread-sheet software
- added tool csv2xml.py for the opposite conversion, requiring an XML schema and also for conversion to Google's protocol buffers xml2protobuf.py
- osm/osmGet.py now supports retrieving very large areas by bounding box using the option --tiles <INT>. (previously this option was only supported together with option --oldapi which has severe size limitations}}
- added option --gpx-output <FILE> to traceExporter.py which allows exporting vehicle trajactories as GPX files
- added option --poi-output <FILE> to traceExporter.py which allows exporting vehicle trajectories as POIs
- added option --vclass <STRING> to randomTrips.py which ensures that generated trips only depart and arrive at edges permitted for vclass
- randomTrips.py now recognizes the network fringe even if the network contains turn-around connections (An edge belongs to the fringe if it contains only incoming or outgoing connections excepting turnarounds). This is important when using the option --fringe-factor <FLOAT> for generating plausible through-traffic in small networks.
- added two tools for visualising emission behaviour
- added some visualisation tools
- TraCI version is now 8
- fixed documentation of of command slow down: It changes speed smoothly over the given number of milliseconds (in contrast to command speed which changes using maximum acceleration/deceleration).
- All Applications
- Added option --xml-validation <STRING> with possible values never, always and auto defaulting to auto. This causes all input files to be validated against their respective schema, provided the schema-URL is declared in the toplevel XML-Tag (always requires the schema-URL to be present).
- Added option --xml-validation.net <STRING> to all applications which read .net.xml-files which works like option --xml-validation <STRING> but applies only to sumo networks (default never since network validation is computationally expensive).
- Most of the input and output files have an XML schema now, see http://www.sumo-sim.org/trac.wsgi/browser/trunk/sumo/data/xsd
- z/Changes from Version 0.17.0 to Version 0.17.1
- z/Changes from Version 0.16.0 to Version 0.17.0
- z/Changes from Version 0.13.0 to Version 0.13.1
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.3 to Version 0.13.0
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.2 to Version 0.12.3
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.1 to Version 0.12.2
- z/Changes from Version 0.12.0 to Version 0.12.1
- z/Changes from Version 0.11.1 to Version 0.12.0
- z/Changes from Version 0.10.2 to Version 0.10.3
- z/Changes from Version 0.10.1 to Version 0.10.2
- z/Changes from Version 0.10.0 to Version 0.10.1
- z/Changes from Version 0.9.10 to Version 0.10.0
- z/Changes from version 0.9.9 to version 0.9.10
- z/Changes from version 0.9.8 to version 0.9.9
- z/Changes from version 0.9.7 to version 0.9.8
- z/Changes from version 0.9.6 to version 0.9.7
- z/Changes from version 0.9.5 to version 0.9.6
- z/Changes from version 0.9.3 to version 0.9.4
- z/Changes from version 0.9.2 to version 0.9.3
- z/Changes from version 0.9.1 to version 0.9.2
- z/Changes from version 0.9.0 to version 0.9.1
- z/Changes from version 0.8.x to version 0.9.0
- z/Changes from version 0.8.2.2 to version 0.8.3
- z/Changes from version 0.8.2.1 to version 0.8.2.2
- z/Changes from version 0.8.0.2 to version 0.8.2.1
- z/Changes from version 0.8.0.1 to version 0.8.0.2
- z/Changes from version 0.8.0 to version 0.8.0.1